Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 16:02:55 +0100 (WEST)
From: Listas de correo de la SEA <listas@pchpc6.am.ub.es>
To: noticias@sea.am.ub.es
Subject: Positions in India (fwd)

|  Mensaje distribuido a traves de la lista de noticias de la SEA  |
|                       noticias@sea.am.ub.es                      |

Dear Colleague,

Enclosed below are two advertisements for postdoctoral and faculty
positions at the Raman Research Institute, India.  We will be grateful if
you bring these to the notice of prospective applicants at your Institution.

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

Dipankar Bhattacharya
Associate Professor, Astrophysics      Tel: +91-80-3340122 ext 232
Raman Research Institute               Fax: +91-80-3340492
Bangalore 560 080, INDIA               email: dipankar@rri.ernet.in

P.S. The mailing list this is being sent to is compiled from multiple
     sources. We apologise if you receive this message more than once.

POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS IN ASTRONOMY AND ASTROPHYSICS

The Raman Research Institute (RRI) invites applications for Post Doctoral
appointments in both Theoretical and Observational Astronomy and
Astrophysics.  The position is for two years normally renewable to a third
year.

Applicants must have obtained a Ph.D. in Physics or Astronomy within the
last five years.  Research interest in one or more of the following areas
is desirable: Galactic and Extragalactic Radio Astronomy, Interstellar and
Intergalactic medium, 21 cm HI and other radio spectral line studies,
Evolution, Kinematics and Gas-content of Normal and Active Galaxies,
Pulsars and Neutron Stars, High Energy Astrophysics and Physical
Cosmology.  Applicants with interest in instrumentation for radio
astronomy can also apply. The Radio Astronomy Laboratory (RAL) at RRI has
advanced facilities for instrumentation and was responsible for the 21 cm
receiver system as well as some Pulsar receivers for the Giant Meter Wave
Radio Telescope (GMRT).  RAL has ongoing activities related to development
of a new radio telescope. Post Docotoral appointees will have access to
the GMRT and other National and International open observing facilities.
Please visit http://www.rri.res.in for more details about RRI.

Fellowships start at Rs. 8000/- per month. Higher fellowships are offered
to candidates with post-doctoral experience. Accommodation at a nominal
charge and limited relocation expenses will be provided.

Please send your updated CV with a list of publications, a detailed
statement of current and future research interests and names and addresses
of three referees who can be contacted, to the Chairman, Astronomy and
Astrophysics Division, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore 560080, INDIA
(Fax: +91-80-3340492, e-mail: anantha@rri.res.in) by 15 November 2000.

FACULTY POSITIONS IN ASTRONOMY AND ASTROPHYSICS

The Raman Research Institute (RRI) invites applications for Faculty
positions in both Theoretical and Observational Astronomy and
Astrophysics.  Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Physics or Astronomy and
three or more years of post doctoral experience with an established record
of independent research in one or more of the following areas: Galactic
and Extragalactic Radio Astronomy, Interstellar and Intergalactic medium,
21 cm HI and other radio spectral line studies, Evolution, Kinematics and
Gas-content of Normal and Active Galaxies, Pulsars and Neutron Stars, High
Energy Astrophysics and Physical Cosmology. Applicants who wish to pursue
research in instrumentation for Radio Astronomy may also apply.

RRI is a premier research institute in India conducting basic research and
Ph.D. programs in several areas of Physics in addition to Theoretical and
Observational Astronomy. The Radio Astronomy Laboratory has advanced
facilities for instrumentation with on going activities related to
development of a new radio telescope.  Astronomers will have access to
National and International open observing facilities. Please visit
http://www.rri.res.in for more details about RRI.

Minimum starting salary grade is Rs. 10000-325-15200. Higher salaries will
be offered based on experience. Housing allowance and limited relocation
expenses will be provided. Faculty positions require Indian citizenship.
Non-citizens will be considered for Visiting appointments.

To apply, please send your updated CV with list of publications, a
detailed statement of current and future research interests and names and
addresses of three referees who can be contacted, to the Chairman,
Astronomy and Astrophysics Division, Raman Research Institute,
Bangalore 560080, INDIA (Fax: +91-80-3340492, e-mail: anantha@rri.res.in)
by 15 December 2000.

Liste OBSDOC de la Commission Jeunes Chercheurs (CJC) :
OBSDOC E-mail   : mailto:obsdoc@siomsrv.obspm.fr
OBSDOC Archives : http://wwwusr.obspm.fr/commissions/cjc/arc/obsdoc/
CJC E-mail : mailto:Commission.Jeunes-Chercheurs@obspm.fr
CJC URL    : http://www.obspm.fr/cjc