Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:03:02 +0200
To: Commission.Jeunes-Chercheurs@obspm.fr
Subject: Post-doc en Australie

PLANETARY SCIENCES INSTITUTE
Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics
Research School of Earth Sciences

POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW / RESEARCH FELLOW
Academic Level A / Academic Level B (fixed term, 3-5 years)
The Planetary Sciences Institute (PSI) of the Australian National University
is a newly-funded undertaking between the Research Schools of Astronomy and
Astrophysics (RSAA) and Earth Sciences (RSES) building on the strengths of
their respective programs to develop new directions for planetary research
that will shape our future understanding of the origin and evolution of
planetary systems including: i) observations and/or theoretical modelling of
the formation and evolution of planetary systems and ii) extrasolar planet
search and characterization programs. PSI currently has a dozen associated
faculty including two initial joint appointments. We are now seeking to fill
an additional, joint fixed-term position. The appointee will be able to
thrive in an environment characterized by the challenges and opportunities of
an exploding field of cross-disciplinary research. The successful applicant
will have access to front-line equipment including the ANU supercomputer
(http://anusf.anu.edu.au), Gemini (http://www.ausgo.anu.edu.au), Skymapper
(http://www.mso.anu.edu.au/skymapper) and 2.3m telescopes
(http://www.mso.anu.edu.au/observing/telescopes/2.3m.php) and IRIS2
(http://www.aao.gov.au/astro/iris2.html) on the AAT. Anticipating the rapid
accumulation of new observations of our and other planetary systems, we seek
a researcher with expertise in planet formation, protoplanetary disks or
debris disks whose research complements, extends, and connects existing
research at RSAA and RSES. The appointee's research program could include:
experimental or theoretical investigations of planetary formation processes,
numerical modelling of the dynamical evolution of proto-planetary material,
disk mineralogy, and/or the detection, analysis and characterization of
extrasolar planets and their associated disks.

Salary Package: $AUD52,863 - $AUD70,106 pa plus generous (17%)
superannuation and a relocation allowance

Appointment: Postdoctoral Fellow or Research Fellow (3 - 5 years fixed term),
depending on level of qualifications and experience.
Selection documentation is available from: http://info.anu.edu.au/hr/jobs/ or
http://rsaa.anu.edu.au/jobs or email: academic.services.rsaa_at_anu.edu.au

If you wish to discuss the position after obtaining the selection
documentation, please contact:
Dr Charley Lineweaver, Coordinator, PSI (charley_at_mso.anu.edu.au); or
Professor Penny D. Sackett, Director, RSAA (director.rsaa_at_anu.edu.au); or
Professor Mark Harrison, Director, RSES (director.rses_at_anu.edu.au)
Planetary Sciences Institute website: rsaa.anu.edu.au/PSI

ANU Job Reference No: RSAA2892

Closing date: 30 June 2005
Candidates should arrange for 3 referees to submit their reports directly by
email to: academic.services.rsaa_at_anu.edu.au by the closing date.

Liste astro-jc
co-geree par la Societe Francaise d'Astronomie et d'Astrophysique (SF2A)
et la Commission Jeunes-Chercheurs de l'Observatoire de Paris (CJC)
Courriel : mailto:astro-jc@opserv.obspm.fr
Archives : http://wwwusr.obspm.fr/commissions/cjc/arc/astro-jc/
Sites internet:
SF2A: http://www2.iap.fr/sf2a/