Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:01:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: Alberto Fernandez-Soto <fsoto@SBASTR.ESS.SUNYSB.EDU>
To: discusion@sea.am.ub.es
Subject: Plaza en Nueva Zelanda

|  Mensaje distribuido a traves de la lista de discusion de la SEA  |
|                     discusion@sea.am.ub.es                        |
|  La distribucion de mensajes en esta lista es libre. Lo que se    |
|  envia es distribuido automaticamente sin ser sometido a ningun   |
|  control por parte de la SEA, su JD o su secretario. Los          |
|  remitentes de los mensajes son, por tanto, los unicos            |
|  responsables de los mismos y de su contenido.                    |

(Un poco a desmano--un poco mucho--pero es un sitio precioso...)

*************

UNIVERSITY OF CANTERBURY

NEW ZEALAND

Lecturers in Physics and Astronomy

(Continuing Appointments)

Applications are invited for TWO tenured positions of LECTURER in the
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY. The Department, with an
established academic staff of 17.5, offers undergraduate
courses, and Diploma, M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes. The Department
currently has an enrolment of about 36 graduate students and the
teaching and research effort is supported by 21 general and technical staff.

a) Physics

Specifically, we are seeking a person who will strengthen the higher level
teaching programme in quantum mechanics and relativity, and whose research
interests support or complement the Departmental programmes in theoretical
physics (including cosmology, applied group theory and quantum field
theory) and/or in large ring lasers.

b) Astronomy}

For this position we are seeking a person to contribute to the
teaching and continuing development of a selection of the Department's
courses in astronomy and physics (possibly including electronics), and
with research interests which would enhance the scientific returns from
the University's astronomical facilities at Mount John University
Observatory and its recently negotiated share in the Southern African
Large Telescope (SALT).

For both positions, the minimum qualification for appointment
is a Ph.D. degree or equivalent and some postdoctoral experience. The
lecturer grade is equivalent to a continuing position at the Assistant
Professor level in North American universities.  Job sharing and other
innovative employment practices can be considered.

The positions involve all the tasks of a full academic staff
member in this Department, including teaching in lectures and
laboratories, graduate supervision, research, departmental
administration and development, and promoting science to the wider
community.

Academic enquiries regarding these positions should be made to the Head
of Department, Assoc. Prof. Peter Cottrell, email:
HOD@phys.canterbury.ac.nz, fax: +64 3 364 2469.

Enquiries regarding the procedure for applications should be made to
 acad.appts@regy.canterbury.ac.nz.

The University of Canterbury web site is: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz
and information on the Department can be found at
http://www.phys.canterbury.ac.nz.

Applications, quoting vacancy PH140 (theoretical physics) or PH141
(astronomy), must arrive by the closing date of October 20, 2000,
and be addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, University of
Canterbury, Private Bag 4800, Christchurch, New Zealand.

Liste "obsdoc" de la Commission Jeunes Chercheurs (CJC) :
CJC E-liste: mailto:obsdoc@siomsrv.obspm.fr
CJC E-mail : mailto:Commission.Jeunes-Chercheurs@obspm.fr
CJC URL    : http://www.obspm.fr/cjc